RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Easter week!

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter week!

We had a really fun week, gearing up for Easter and enjoying the warm weather (well, for most of the time)! Kaiya had no school this week, so we were able to spend lots of time together and got a lot done! Is there anything better than spring and being outside and sunshine?! It is good to my soul!! Unfortunately, the kids have all been passing fevers and coughs around, so by Sunday Taylor and Avery were really battling not feeling well. Hoping everyone is feeling better soon!

We made lots of yummy treats and the girls were such great helpers!
(These "carrots"--really chocolate covered strawberries--were the hit! We made these for the Easter bunny, just in case he was hungry! And the rest of us had NO problems finishing them off!)
We had our lunches packed away in Easter eggs and wow, the girls thought that was so cool! Simple pleasures, right?! Although it was a little hard to stuff a sandwich into a little egg!
We enjoyed a fun day with our cousins at the Baby Animal Days -- more on that to come!

The weekend was particularly special for us this year and I couldn't get enough time in with my family. I literally was cherishing every single second. I wish I was like this more often. Circumstances right now make it a little easier. Needless to say, I am never ever happier than I am when I am with this little brood of mine. The memories we make together bring a joy to my heart that can be captured nowhere else! We spent lots of time outside, soaking up the sun. We enjoyed some of our favorite eats, including our Easter dinner of pork loin and orange glaze, Parmesan and lemon asparagus and mashed potatoes--yum! We had a killer Easter egg hunt in our front yard -- the girls had a blast and we had so much fun chasing them around catching pictures of their excitement! Kai had a bit of an unfair advantage (that girl is fast!) so she ended up with at least double what Taylor found!
And Avery? Well, she picked up two eggs and carried them around the whole time while she chased the neighbor's cat! At least she had fun!
We had a wonderful day at church. We spent time talking about our Savior's Atonement and Resurrection and had such sweet and tender moments with the girls as they expressed their genuine sadness for the people who were mean to Christ and for the things that hurt Him. We love the videos on lds.org which depict the life and experiences of the Savior. Our girls really loved watching them with us.

(Taylor was trying so hard to be happy for these pictures, but she just wasn't feeling well, poor girl! Still a cutie, thought!)
And of course, the Easter bunny made a little visit to the house and the girls were thrilled with that!
Again, I am just so grateful for this weekend and the time I was able to spend with my family. They mean more to me than I can ever express. My heart is truly the happiest when we are all together! And I am so grateful for the many eternal gifts of a loving Christ that allow my family and I to be together forever. Without Him, I could never enjoy eternally the things that matter the most to me. I love Him and am humbled by His perfect love for each of us.
A Happy Easter it was indeed. And hopefully the same for you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Beautiful - hugs to the fam!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Oh your fun Easter times make us so homesick for those girls. They look adorable and must have had a blast.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones