RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: The day finally arrived!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

The day finally arrived!!

(Beware, LOADS of catch-up posts below!!)

A year and a half of waiting...and the day finally came for my parents to return from their mission to Germany!

To say that we were excited, such an understatement! We have been missing these two since the day they left! Although we are so grateful for the modern technologies that kept us oh so close while they were away, there is nothing quite the same as being able to hug and laugh and see the kids sooooo excited to be with Grandma and Grandpa!

We got all ready with our signs and balloons! 

We got to the airport and anxiously waited...and waited...and waited! 
Only to find out that they were in the international terminal waiting for us too!

Good thing we found them! And then it was pure sweetness from there on out! Kind of funny how within seconds, it felt like they were never really gone!
We have spent so much time together over the past couple of weeks, catching up, playing, loving every minute together! Our girls ask every single day if we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They just can't get enough of them! 

We have enjoyed hearing about all their adventures and the special experiences they have had over the past 18 months. I can only imagine the countless lives they have touched with their love and kindness. They visited probably over 30 different countries while in Europe! What an experience! I'll admit, it's hard to share them. But I know there are people literally all over the world that are better off having known these two. That's pretty special and I'm eternally grateful for their examples to me and to my children. Though we missed them constantly, that makes the reunion that much sweeter! We had such a sweet experience with all the kids and grand kids when the Stake President (one of our religious leaders) came over to officially release them as missionaries. He gave us all the opportunity to ask anything we wanted about their mission. He gave them the opportunity to share their testimonies and some of the precious, sacred experiences they were able to have. My heart and my spirit were so touched. I am so very, very proud of these two people I love. I'm so happy to have them home again!
One of the really extra special bonus's about having my parents return home is that all of my siblings were able to join up in Utah for their return. This is a RARE treat, since we are all living in different states and have lots of kids and busy schedules. So, to be all together is really special! We even got an adult night out (bless the babysitters who had 11 kids to watch!) and went down to City Creek for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I love these pics with my siblings and I love each of them too!
(oldest, Jason; youngest, me; 2nd oldest, Brittany; second to youngest, Aaron)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

So fun! I'm glad your parents got back safely and can now more fully enjoy all those cute grandkids!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So awesome! It probably feels like a dream! I would love to see them sometime. tell them "hello". Enjoy every minute!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

It was fun following their blog over the past 18 months. They have had such wonderful experiences.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones