RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Birthday festivities!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Birthday festivities!

Aughhh, I am being swallowed by updates that I need to do! I need a few more hours in the day apparently!

Anyway, we had a BLAST celebrating Kaiya's special day! On her birthday, I took her and a couple of her friends (and of course, little sis Tay had to come too!) to see the movie Brave! It was so much fun and SOOOO easy! I had so much going on that week (we were right in the middle of moving) so I didn't have the energy or time to worry about a big party. So, this was perfect! The girls had so much fun and were soooo good to sit and watch the movie. My kids had never been to the theater, so this was a big first for them and they were amazed at the "big t.v.". They loved the movie too! Oh and of course they loved all the movie treats as well! Then we came back to the house and had cake pops and ice cream and opened presents. Then we called it a day! It was GREAT!

A few days later, we had the special treat of meeting up with Jessicka and her family and her FIANCE, Dalton! It was our first time checking out the ring, so it was a BIG deal! ** Jess just got engaged a few weeks ago and it is THE subject of excitement for all of us! We love Dalton soooooo much and together, and individually, they are both amazing people and are PERFECT for each other! We cannot wait for this wedding to get here and we are so incredibly happy for our special lady!** So, anyway, we decided to meet at the zoo and we had the FUNNEST day! I have never been to this zoo, or any other zoo for that matter, when ALL the animals were so active! I'm not exaggerating, every single exhibit, the animals were running around or playing or swimming or climbing. It was incredible! I don't know what was in the air or in the food, but those animals were putting on the show! Our kids were in heaven! Sooo cool! It is always the best time when we get to see this family that we love so much and get to spend time with Jess. They are all so good to our family and spoiled Kaiya rotten with so many fun gifts and treats! We also got to meet the newest addition to their family, baby Bronx (Jess's sister's new baby boy) who is ADORABLE! It was just such a fun day and I'm so thankful we got to spend the day with some of our favorite people! I'll let the pictures do the talking! 
I got to take Kaiya on a special little shopping trip to buy her a new outfit for kindergarten. She was very excited and actually had a bit of an opinion about what she wanted -- first time for that! She picked out her own bracelets too, and kept asking me if she could get "shots" in her ears because she found some feather earrings she REALLY wanted! I had to laugh at how brave she was acting because in reality, if I took her to get her ears pierced, she would most likely run out the door screaming! We'll see when we decide to let that happen! She picked out her backpack too, and is all set for the big day tomorrow! We can't wait!

We also got to have a special celebration with Grandma and Grandpa and Kaiya got to make her own special little bowl cake! She got so much love from her Grandma and Grandpa on Chris' side, as well as from her aunts and uncles and cousins. She is one lucky (and VERY special) little lady! We love her and are so glad she had such a happy birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

What a fun birthday party and time at the zoo. I love how good your relationship is with Kaiya's birth mom is. That is pretty special. Where did you move too? Guess I need to wait for that post to find out.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Missing you guys already! So glad the first day of kindergarten was a success!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones