RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Such a beautiful day!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Such a beautiful day!

A few weeks ago, we were able to gather with Chris' whole family at the Jordan River Temple for a very special occasion! His younger sister, Heather, was sealed to her husband, Dave, and their three children. It was truly a beautiful and very happy day, one that I will never forget! They are such an incredibly beautiful family and deserve every single blessing that I know the Lord will provide for them because of their efforts to be an eternal family! I could not help but get really emotional. Their sealing was so sweet and beautiful and the best part? They were soooo happy! It was such a fabulous day!

In our church, the temple is incredibly significant because of the special things that take place inside. We believe that, through the power of God's priesthood, families can be sealed or bound together for eternity. We believe that, contrary to most marriage ceremonies, death does not end our family relationships in this life, but that what has been bound here on earth, will last into the continuance of our lives in the eternities. Isn't that just the most amazing thing? That we can be with our spouses and our children forever?!? And then the ties just grow longer and longer -- we can be connected and sealed to our parents, siblings, grandparents, and on and on and on. It is one of the greatest blessings I have been given, to know that even when death separates us for a time, we will be together again as a family. Nothing is more important or brings me greater joy. This is what we do in the temple. This is what a temple marriage or sealing is all about. It's sacred and so beautiful. I am grateful to a merciful and loving Father in Heaven for allowing us to have such a gift. It is the motivating factor for me to strengthen and build a strong family. I want them with me forever!!

I am so grateful that we could share in this special day with Heather and Dave and their adorable, sweet children. It's a taste of heaven here on earth! Congrats to them, times a million!!
 And what a great reason for all of us to be able to get together and spend some time with one another! We had a really great time with everyone and enjoyed a really nice reception for them afterwards! And the kids loved being at the temple and seeing their cousins! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I have been able to go to a couple of sealings with Children involved and there is nothing like the feeling when the children walk into the Sealing room. So powerful!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones