RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Still talking about December!

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Still talking about December!

Ok, some more fun from Christmas!

We met up with the Shupe's one night and had dinner at The Pie and then went over to This is the Place in Salt Lake and it was fabulous! I had never been there at Christmas time and it was all decked out! Every house had some different Christmas activity going on inside and there were carolers walking around in period attire -- so cute! There was a place set up where the kids could do Christmas crafts, another house had story-telling, a live Nativity, real reindeer, and of course, the highlight -- seeing Father Christmas! It was a really fun night and we couldn't ask for better company! We love our get-togethers with the Shupe's! Our girls are really getting attached to their kids and it's fun to see! There was a lot of snow-eating, snowball fights, and Chris kicking all the trees and showering the kids with snow until they were soaking wet! The kids had an absolute blast...as did the adults!
 Some other fun little memories:
Grandma reading stories with the kids, including her cute flannel board ones. She is the BEST grandma on the planet, no joke! I guess 25 years of teaching kindergarten and raising 4 kids gives you some pretty good practice! Our kids adore her and I'm so grateful for all the precious time she and my dad give to our children! They seem to have endless energy when it comes to their grandkids and it's a priceless gift that we all treasure!
Kaiya's Christmas program at school. Soooo cute! Even though she HATES being in front of lots of people, she wants to do really good and try her best. So, I would secretly catch her practicing her songs in front of the mirror or hear her singing them in the back of the car at random times. It was adorable! I couldn't get too many smiles out of her on the day of the program, but she got right up there and performed all her songs like an absolute champ! I was soooo proud of her, because I know how hard that is for her! She's lucky I didn't run up there and smear her face with smooches! Lil' cutie! I could not love that little girl one ounce more! 
We were having dessert one night and Avery literally thought her whipped cream was soap. She started smearing it over every inch of her body, and then proceeded to "wash" her hair with it. She was one sticky, sticky mess, but she had a BLAST doing it! It was so cute!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Wow, Avery grew up overnight.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones