A favorite holiday memory!
After Christmas, we were able to plan a fun get-together with Jessicka, Dalton, and her family! It was GREAT, as always!
We met down at Scheel's (none of us had ever been there) to check it out and ride the ferris wheel. It's always such a treat seeing everyone and our kids just adore Jess and Dalton so much! They were super excited!
We had a great time on the ferris wheel and enjoying all the sights of the store, and then we went and enjoyed some Mexican food and had a great chance to visit and catch up on wedding plans and everything else going on! I can't believe that this wedding is happening in just a couple of weeks! We exchanged gifts and came home feeling so grateful for the wonderful relationship with all of these amazing people! It is such an amazing thing, the circumstances that introduced us all to each other, and the bond that we have built over the last 6 years. And now, to be able to welcome such a neat guy like Dalton into the mix is such a blessing! We could not be happier for these two and feel grateful to be a part of their lives and to be able to have them be a part of our family's lives, especially Kaiya's. It's not always easy to explain, but for those of us involved in these relationships, we can testify that we are LUCKY and blessed! Love them!
For Christmas this year, I finally wrote a book for Kaiya about her adoption story. I have wanted to do this for years, but wanted to do it at a time that Kaiya could more easily understand and grasp her special story. This was the year and it was so special. I cannot tell you how much I loved writing this. I bawled through the whole thing. Looking back at all the pictures, remembering all those precious details of that time in our lives. I'm pretty sure that book was literally made with my tears, there were so many shed! Kai absolutely LOVES this book and carries it with her everywhere, even takes it to bed with her at night. We gave Jess a copy of the same book. Let's just say, this is a book that holds incredible meaning to all of us. There are details and personal moments that will forever be written in my heart and are now on the pages of this book for Kaiya to cherish too. I am so grateful for being able to have this experience with Jessicka and our sweet girl!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home