Valentine's Day
There is something about this holiday that I just absolutely LOVE, no pun intended! Maybe it's just that we are still having Christmas withdrawals or something, but whenever V-day rolls around, I just want to fill the house up with treats and get super cheesy! Yep, I'm admitting to that! What other holiday allows for so, SO much cheesiness?!? Cheesy sayings, cheesy gifts, just plain ole' cheese! LOVE IT! (Case in point, I MAY have given Chris a candy gram. And I maybe wrote the cheesiest sayings to go with it -- you're one HOT TAMALE, I "chews" you, here are some mo-"mentos" of my love for you, etc, etc. WOW! And maybe his card was all about how totally hot I find him. Not cheesy at ALL, right?!)
Anyway, I embrace the cheese and love playing up this holiday! My kids have so much fun with it too, so really, that's what brings me all the joy! The kids woke up to their gift bags full of cheesy things, then they had strawberry milk (which they could NOT stop drinking) and heart shaped pop tarts (which they had never tasted before and wanted NOTHING to do with! How funny, what kid doesn't like pop tarts?!). We made cards for daddy and Grandma and Grandpa. We dressed up in Valentine's jewels and hats. And then it was time to get ready for what would be the FUNNEST day of school, according to Kaiya!
We made her Valentine's this year and had a lot of fun doing it! She was such a good helper and was so into it and very particular about how she wanted it done! Funny girl! I don't know if I will go this all out when I have several kids in school who need Valentine's for all their friends. But this year, it was fun to do! I think they turned out pretty cute and Kai loved them, so that's all that matters! And when she came home from school with her bad full of treats and cards -- well, she was pretty much beaming! She sat and showed me every single card and was oooh-ing and awww-ing the whole time! It was soooo cute!
I spent some time making our traditional and favorite treats for V-day. For Chris, it's always chocolate filled raspberries, since those are his favorite fruit. For the rest of us, it's chocolate covered strawberries -- mmmmm! I may have eaten about 20 while I was making them! We also made some pink, heart-shaped rice krispie treats drizzled with white and dark chocolate. So, there was no shortage of yummy treats around!
In the evening, Chris came home with flowers for me and for my sister. He's so thoughtful. My sister didn't have anyone to give her flowers this year, so Chris made sure she was taken care of. Love that guy! And of course, I always love my flowers too! Thanks so much, sweetie! We had a yummy crepe dinner with my parents and my sister, while all the kids enjoyed heart-shaped pancakes! Everyone was happy! The kids always love the chance to play with their cousins and the adults always love the chance to sit around and talk!
My parents gave Chris and I a "Grover Groupon" for a night out, while they babysit the kids for us. So, we are taking advantage of that tonight and will have our own V-day time together! Thanks so much, mom and dad! Can't wait to see what Chris has up his sleeve!
So, it was a wonderful day, full of LOVE! Seriously, what a great holiday! Just a day to show the people who mean the most to you a little EXTRA love! Maybe I need to make every day a little more like Valentine's Day! Anyway, much LOVE to you all! Happy Valentine's Day!
(Here are my special Valentine's--minus Chris. How I love these girls and our special boy!)





1 Comments:
Your pictures get better and better. So beautiful. What a fun Valentines day.
Post a Comment
<< Home