Strawberry Days Rodeo



Last night we took our traditional yearly trip to the Strawberry Days Rodeo in Pleasant Grove. It is one of our favorite things to do each summer and is such a fun event! You can imagine my shock when, several years ago, Chris mentioned that he wanted to go, since he pretty much dislikes all things country (the music, the clothes, etc). One special treat to find at this particular rodeo is the famous strawberries and cream, which I would literally eat for every meal, every day if I could! Mmmm! Our favorite events are the mutton racing (where they put little kids on sheep to see how long they can stay on), the wild cow milking (grown men chasing wild cows all over the arena, trying to fill up a glass bottle with milk), and of course the BULL RIDING! I love the atmosphere of the rodeos -- being outside in the nice summer air, with great entertainment. Last night we went with Annie, Wes, John, Beth, Kaitlyn and Colby. I think the kids really enjoyed it -- each time we were waiting for another horse or cow or bull to come out, Kaitlyn would say "where'd they go?" She also got the "Yeehaw" down really well! It was a lot of fun and something I hope we continue to do while we live in Utah!





3 Comments:
My kids would love that!
I always saw signs for that when I lived there, but never went. Sounds fun!
That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment
<< Home