More memories of China!
Some unique restaurants we went to. Above is a Korean BBQ place where they have an actual little barbeque with coals in the middle of the table. They bring you out the raw meats and veggies and then you grill away at your table. Below is a "hot pot" restaurant. They give you your own individual pot that contains boiling water. Then they bring out the raw food again and your cook it in your boiling pot. Both places were DELICIOUS and very authentic! I am also including these pictures because our friend, Helen is in them. She was one of my mom's students and has become very close to my parents. We were sooo lucky to meet her and spent a lot of time with her while we were there. She is an incredible, sweet, kind, and fun person and we feel like we have made a lifelong friend in her! We love her!
Here is my mom and I picking out pearls! Oh the pearls! Tons and tons of real pearls everywhere! I loaded up while I was there. It was really remarkable to watch them string the pearls and make beautiful jewelry out of them! I'm addicted!
Here is Chris bargaining. All the shopping that you do there is done through bargaining. Most of the time the Chinese people can take the tourists to town, but luckily since my mom and dad have learned the tricks of the trade, they helped us to get some GREAT deals on all the things we purchased. Before long, we were pros and all of the salespeople were saying "you very good bargainer"!




1 Comments:
I thought I would post my thoughts here, since no one else has! =) It looks like you guys had such an AMAZING trip--you were able to see and do so much, in addition to spending valuable time with your parents! Thank you so much for sharing all of your stories. My only adivce to you is that if you are planning on doing a scrapbook, do it NOW--don't wait 6 months like I did when we got home from Spain. =) Really, I am so happy for you and now you have such wonderful pictures AND memories!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home