RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Nothing new, really!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nothing new, really!

Well, life has been pretty slow since we got back from China. The first few days were rough with the jetlag, but after several very sleepless nights, I think our clocks are finally ticking the way they should be!
Since we broke our camera on the Great Wall, I might not have many pictures to post until we get a new one. We were laughing the other day how once you've had a digital camera, you just can't go back to using a film one again! I mean, we have about 4 film cameras, but the thought of using them just seems so ancient! Who would have ever thought that would be the case!? I remember when I was younger and I would go somewhere and take pictures, I was always so excited to go get them developed to see if they had turned out. Now, you just look at the screen and if it's ugly, poof, it's gone! Who knows what we will be using in the next 10 years!
Our Bishop from church (who is one of the kindest persons I have ever known) came over to our house while we were gone on Saturday and completely tilled our entire garden! We had mentioned to him that we needed to get something done with it, and he just kinda quietly came over and took care of it for us! We were quite surprised and so grateful! So, now I think that means we have to get something planted in it! We better get started!
Chris has gone into BBQ mode for the summer! Sunday we had a big BBQ with several of Chris' siblings, which was really fun. Then Monday we had another BBQ with two other couples that we are friends with (both couples share the last name Grover with us, but we aren't directly related to them). He also planned a third BBQ with some other friends for Friday, but I had to have him postpone that one! I had to try and hold him to two a week! I think Chris could honestly grill every single night and day if he had it his way! I must say, though, there is almost nothing better than a nice summer night and the smell (and taste) of a good grilled dinner!
We have been up against some decisions in the last several days that are wearing me out! Chris' parents are selling the home that we are living in right now (of which we are really happy for them), which might mean that we possibly have to move out the first part of August. We were planning on buying a house when Chris was done with school in December, so we had figured we would just rent from his parents until then. Now, with the possibility of the house being sold, we are not sure what we will do for those 5 months while Chris finishes school. I think I would rather live in a tent for the rest of my life than move twice in under 6 months! (Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but pretty close!) I just REALLY, REALLY hate moving! So, we have been playing around with the idea of buying a home in August instead of January, which is just a few months difference. The problem we are facing there, is we aren't sure where Chris will be getting a job when he's done (he is starting to apply this summer), so do we buy a home and hope that he gets a job here, or do we wait until we have more definite plans? I have decided that being a grown-up and making big decisions is overrated! Ha! We have started just casually looking at some of the new developments around here in Utah County (out in Lehi, Saratoga Springs, etc.) and have found some nice homes, but nothing that has jumped right out at us. So, I guess we have some big decisions to make in the next little while. The thought of finally getting a home is very exciting for us, but that doesn't make the decision any easier! I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about! Anyway, we shall see what the next few months hold for us!

5 Comments:

Blogger Eliza2006 said...

I think you need to buy the house across the street from me! You and me and Heidi could all live on the same street! Can I borrow your bishop? I have a large weed patch in my back yard that is longing to be a garden.

Tiffany

7:44 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I totally understand the BBQ thing--we have had AT LEAST one BBQ/weekend at our house for the past month! I love having everyone over, though! We recently accquired a chiminea (it's a mini chimney, Mexican style, for outside) so it is nice to light a fire and sit out on the deck. We even make smores sometimes!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Buying a house is so fun but stressful- Good Luck with your endeavor. I have a lot of friends that love Lehi.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I think you need to buy in California:)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

There are lots of homes in kingsburg! Won't you be our neighbors!! That is SOOOO Hard Kar. Decisions like that are so stressful, but buying a home is a wonderful feeling and central like Lehi is commutable to most places. I would def not want to move twice and you can only gain more equity by buying sooner. Good luck and keep us posted!!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones