RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: "Hybernation Storage"

Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Hybernation Storage"

My mom sent me this in an email and I thought it was appropriate for my blog today. Sounds like a good idea, eh?!
So, speaking of being a bear, as spring approaches, I am reminded of the winter "insulation" or shall we call it "hybernation storage" that I have acquired in the last few months! I definitely was not as active this winter as I should have been, and since my metabolism seems to slow down with each passing year, I picked up some extra pounds that I do not need! So, I'm on a mission to tread and shed! Some friends at work and I decided to start walking on campus, since we sit in our chairs most of the days. We have developed a nice route, about a mile long, that we walk everyday and it's a great way to get out of the office, chat with the girls, and hopefully get into better shape. My friend, Kellie, is great at making sure we all SPEED walk too -- she's got the shortest legs of all of us, and still walks the fastest! (Just like my mom!) I am also really excited for the warmer weather so that Chris and I can get out of the house and play some tennis, volleyball, etc. As much as exercising is not always the funnest thing in the world, it sure does make you feel better after you do it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

I loved that email your mom sent, how true it is. You are not alone with the winter weight, I am trying to lose mine as well (extra baby weight). We will get there!
Debbie

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was awesome!

4:02 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

Okay...so you wait till I leave to start walking too!! I miss you guys. See you on Monday.
Katie

1:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Props to you--having friends to exercise with makes it so much easier! I only wish I more energy and time to work out! I miss my in-shape athletic body! =)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones