RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Some stuff

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Some stuff

Eeek, where has the summer gone?!? Has it really been TWO months since I last posted?! I think that is a record for me! Well, I guess it's time for a little catch up!

I'll start waaaay back in June with girls camp. I have to include this on here because I want to always remember this time I have had serving in Young Women's. Since we just moved (I'll get to that later, maybe!), I have a huge void in my life from missing these girls so much! It has been such a wonderful year working with them! So, in our church, there is a program called Young Women's, which includes girls ages 12-18. We get to have class with them at church on Sunday and then we also have youth group activities during the week as well. I was with the 16-18 year old girls this time. I LOVED these girls so much! I have known most of them for 4-5 years, since I also got to work with these same girls when they were 12-13 years old. It has been amazing to see how much they have all grown and to see the people they have become in their later teen years. Some truly incredible people! They brought so much light to my life and although I was called to be their teacher, I am the one who was constantly learning from them. These are girls that are honest, virtuous, GOOD people, despite the pressures that swirl around them. These are girls that are kind, FUN, involved, and wise beyond their years. Some of them are off to college. Some of them are planning missions. Some of them are becoming seniors. ALL of them are amazing! What a blessing they have each been in my life and I miss them like crazy! Good thing I am able to keep in touch with them (we've already met up for lunch and text all the time)! They will always be a special part of my life and heart! 

I should also mention that I worked with some really amazing women who were also serving as leaders to these girls. We had such a great environment, so easy to work with each of them. Truly amazing women that I have loved and learned so much from! I am really missing them too!

I was soooo glad I was able to go to Girls Camp with them this year before we moved. It was a highlight of my summer! We had a blast! To sum it up, which is hard to do in just a few words: we bonded, we laughed a TON, we danced a whole lot, we made total fools of ourselves, we stayed up way too late, we talked and talked and talked, we enjoyed being out in such a beautiful environment, we ate some crazy delicious food, we had so much fun, and we also felt the Spirit together and shared some really special, spiritual experiences. It was about as perfect as you could get. I came home, spirit renewed, tired as could be, but sooooo happy! It was such a wonderful few days with these people I love so much! A memory tucked away in my heart forever!I loved going back to look at these pictures -- they made me smile all over again!
(skit time -- the girls could not believe we planned this the hour before...guess we must be really good actors! not really, we just are good at being really goofy!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

How fun! I loved going to girls camp this year. I was one of the cooks and I think that is the best job ever. :) Looks like you had a blast!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones