RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: The sound of music

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The sound of music

Music is definitely one of my passions in life -- not because I am musically gifted at all (wish I was), but because of the way it makes me feel. It has been that way since I was very young, and is one of the things that has been around through difficult times and great times in life, from the awkward days of junior high, through the dramas of high school, and continuing on up through this stage of my life. I find myself relating my own experiences in life to lyrics of songs, as if someone else has written the exact way I am feeling and put it to music. Sometimes there's no relation at all, other than something about the music or the lyrics that touches me or makes me feel a certain way. My music definitely depends on my mood as I can go from really mellow, laid-back, to spiritual, to something that I absolutely just have to get up and dance to, even if it's in the middle of my living room and I look like a fool! But the main thing is that music just fills my life and I pretty much have it going wherever I am, unless I want quiet time.
I have also developed a little knack for finding obscure, tucked away artists or music that is not mainstream and has usually not been heard by your average person. I think I get that from my brother Aaron, who is also REALLY good at that. Sometimes we like to sit there and fire off new artists or songs that we have found, which is really fun because we expose each other to some really great music that we may not have ever heard otherwise.
In saying that, here are a couple of songs to check out if anyone wants to -- a few of my latest favorites. Most of them are from the soundtracks to one of my favorite t.v. shows, "Scrubs", which always has great music on it. Thanks for letting me go on this music tangent -- I'm sure there are many people who have the same feelings about music!
"Winter" -- Joshua Radin
"Question" -- The Old 97's
"Half" -- G Tom Mac
"Good Life" -- Francis Dunnery

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE music too. I love singing with my kids or else I always have the radio or a CD playing. Music is so emotional- and like you said it can express just how you feel.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

whaddya mean you aren't musically inclined? I distinctly remember recording albums with you playing your sax and me on the trumpet! Hah! But all kidding aside, I must agree with you--and thanks for sharing the songs/artists!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I totally agree with you that music is so moving. I love having my husband be so musically talented because it is so nice for the boys and I to sit around and listen to him play. I really hope our kids get the music talent from him because we all know I do not have any. Aaron is AMAZING! I am sure since you are in the same family Kar that you are also really talented with music. Thanks for sharing some fun songs:)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones