Kalai

I don't have much to write about today, but I was just listening to one of my favorite CD's at work, and decided I needed to share! The artists' name is Kalai and he is absolutely one of music's hidden treasures. He is very unknown, under the radar, but GREAT! He has become one of Chris and I's favorite singers to listen to, thanks to a friend from Chris' work. His music is really mellow, laid back, acoustic -- kinda like Jack Johnson, but more bluesy. Hard to describe because I've really not ever heard music like his! Unfortunately because he's not well-known, he is hard to track down. He comes to Utah every once in awhile for a small concert, which I am still waiting to attend! But I was able to track down his website, http://kalai.cc/. If you want to get a taste of the music, go to his site, then click on the "Discography" link, then click on one of the "Buy Here" links. Once you get to the site where you can buy his music, down the left hand side, you can click on individual songs and get a sound bite. I would recommend listening to "On My Mind", "Divide Me", and "Shotgun Blues". I am also going to include a site that gives a better description of him than I am doing: http://www.loveyoursong.com/pages/music/5.php. Check it out, if you're interested -- it really is great music!





2 Comments:
Kalai is from Utah and seldom leaves so, if that is where you're from, it won't be difficult to see him in concert. Though, expect to be slightly dissapointed. He likes to be a wise guy and tell lots of stupid jokes and he goes off on these lame monologues forever thinking he's funny when he should shut up and play his guitar. I paid six bucks to see him once and ended up listening to his stupid jokes for nearly half the "concert" instead of hearing the music that I love. Stick with his albums. They are absolutely amazing. Hopefully someday his live performances will measure up.
I took your advice and bought some songs on itunes (by the way, there are 4 different albums by him on there), and I LOVE it! It is great study music =).
Sara
Post a Comment
<< Home