RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: The "storms" of life!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The "storms" of life!

Well, I am still laughing at the irony of my blogs yesterday! I started off by posting about the "beautiful" storm I got to watch while I was out at work and how refreshing the rain was, etc. Then my next blog was pictures of the damage that "beautiful" storm caused around Provo, including the Provo airport, where there was severe damage. Then a few hours later, it dawned on me that my new house is about 2 miles away from the airport! DUH!!!! Next, my friend from work had me talk to her husband who was out driving in my neighborhood and he proceeds to tell me that my street is completely closed, blocked by police cars and fire trucks, because all the power lines and telephone poles had been blown over!! Yikes! So, I called Chris, we both ran home, only to find that the microburst (some type of mini tornado) had ripped through our little neighborhood and did some serious damage. It was kinda devastating for us because we have only lived in our house for about a week now. We were extra worried because poor little Chase was in the house alone during all of this. So, after some convincing from Chris' sister who works for the police dispatch, we finally got a firefighter to escort us to our house to get Chase out. There were wires draped everywhere, so we had to carefully duck and manuever our way through to our house. From the quick few seconds he gave us to run in and out to grab the dog, we didn't notice too much damage, other than the fact that we had left our bedroom windows open and our carpet is soaked. We were soooo fortunate (from what we can tell) because a telephone pole in front of our neighbors house snapped in half and was hanging by the wires in our driveway. Could have been soooo much worse than it is. A few uprooted trees and some wet carpet are fine by me, especially when I look next door and see the neighbor's roof pretty much destroyed. WOW! I am still laughing that I thought this storm was so cool and didn't even realize until much later that it had swept through my new house! Unfortunately we are now homeless for the next few days until they get everything repaired, so we got to live in the house for a week, only to be kicked out again! So sad! Thanks to Matt and Danielle for letting us invade their house for awhile!
I took some more close-up pictures, but forgot to bring them in to work today, so I will post those later. But for now, here's our claim to fame, as our street made it onto the news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones