RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Thanksgiving delight!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thanksgiving delight!

This was by far one of my very favorite Thanksgiving holidays in a LONG time! My entire family got to be all together, which unfortunately doesn't happen nearly enough because of all our different schedules and living in different states, etc! So, it was an absolute treasure of a week for me! How I love my family. Each member is so important to me for different reasons. And we have such awesome in-laws too, and I feel so grateful that we all enjoy such awesome relationships! I consider my SIL's to be my sisters and I love them! And man, do I have some amazingly sweet nieces and nephews! Gosh, I love all those kids! It is such a fun treat for our girls when all their cousins are around because there are all these BOYS that they absolutely love and adore and it's a nice change of pace for them! 

We were able to spend some great time together. One day we rode the train down to Salt Lake and went to the Church History museum, that has a great kids area. We did some shopping at City Creek and looked at the lights. It was COLD, but so nice to all be together! I absolutely loved this day! We had a really relaxing and super fun Thanksgiving day, stuffing ourselves full to the brim with all of mom's delicious food -- she NEVER disappoints! We were able to talk about the things that we have that we are grateful for, first and foremost, our families. How lucky we are to love and support each other and to share our lives together. It's a blessing that I hold as one of my greatest treasures. Have I mentioned how much I love my family?! We were able to get everyone wrangled together for some family pictures, which again, is a rarity since it's not very often that EVERYONE is there! Glad to have these, even though they will be outdated in a few months! Oh well! 

Also, over this holiday week, my dear, longtime friend, Jamie was out visiting from Cali and we were able to have another fun get-together! I've known Jamie since 4th grade and she has been one of my favorite and best friends ever since! I so love her visits and that we are able to squeeze in some time together! We were able to have a little party with several of our friends that we have grown up with and known forever! My sister, our good friends, Katie and Julie, and our sweet friend, Tiffany (Jamie, Brittany and I were roommates with Tiffany when we lived in Hawaii). There were lots and lots of adorable kids between all of us and lots of reminiscing and catching up -- what we do best! It feels like home being with good friends that you have so much history and love with! Such a fun, fun night!

So, it was a Thanksgiving to remember and I will!
(Me, Katie, Brittany, Jamie -- lifelong friends)
(Chris and I, Katie, Ryan, Tiff, Britt, Julie, Jamie, Tucker)
 (Most of the kids between all of us friends! That's a big group of kiddos!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones