RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Everyone needs a little weekend away!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Everyone needs a little weekend away!

Well, getting back to updating...(I know, I know, I have become an incredibly sporadic blogger!)

So, we are still in November, geesh! We planned a fun little weekend get away with our pals, the Shupe's! It wasn't anywhere grand or spectacular, but for our phase of life right now, we are finding that these little weekend trips, even if we don't go very far, are JUST the right thing for our family! Thankfully we have such great friends who are always game for planning these fun things together and our families LOVE being together! It's perfect!

So, this trip was to the Zermatt resort up in Midway! It was so much fun! We rented this adorable villa, that was perfect for all our kids! We had plenty of beds and room to relax and hang out and a kitchen to cook in. We swam to our hearts content and couldn't pass up the opportunity to place dares on where we had to go and plank in the FREEZING cold! Literally laying in our suits in the snow! It was hilarious and utterly freezing! Even the kids got in on it! We enjoyed a yummy dinner at the hotels restaurant and watched movies and played until we were falling into bed exhausted! We did some thrift store shopping and of course had to have lunch at Dairy Keen -- delish! 

It was just such a totally relaxing weekend and just what we need to get a little break from the daily grind of life! I absolutely LOVE these outings with our best friends, kids content, parents able to unwind and enjoy being ADULTS for a bit, and basically just getting away! Can't wait for the next one! Fun memories made!!

PS I should also mention here that this happened during Chris' "Mo-vember" challenge with some of his friends at work! They all grew beards to see who could get the best facial hair! It was awesome! I have always wanted to see what my man would look like with a full face of hair and well, this guy looks good no matter what he does, so I loved it! The beard left us in December, but I'm glad we have some good pics to remember it! Maybe it will come back someday! You handsome man, Chris!

(can you believe how much these kids all look alike?! they could be siblings, I swear! Avery and Reagan)
(the greatest friends in the world! they are like family to us!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones