Good-bye summer, sniff, sniff...
Although fall is truly one of my most favorite times of year, there's always a sense of sadness to see summer going away. I am really missing the long days and having it stay light until 9:00 at night. We've already had a taste of some really cold days and I'm NOT ready for that! Being in the sun, being in the water, being lazy, the smell of sunscreen on my babies, and the appearance of new little "sun kisses" on their noses, fresh fruit...how I love summer! These pictures make me both happy and sad -- sad that it's winding down until next year. But what happy memories we've made! I really am learning that what makes me the MOST happy are the really simple things. There weren't a lot of vacations or elaborate outings. But the best memories we make in the summer are of the picnics, laying out on the blanket with Chris while the kids run around wild and free. Or the squeals as the kids jump on the tramp with their friends as the sprinkler keeps them cool. Or walks in the sunset. Or sitting on the porch rocker while the kids ride their bikes. When I think about the times that I am most happy, the common denominator is having my family with me, without all the frills.
So, these pictures of a long, beautiful summer evening at this really beautiful nature reserve, sun setting, enjoying a picnic on my favorite blanket that my grandma made, holding Chris' hand, seeing the girls with their long, unkempt hair...this is how I will remember summer! And I love it! Good-bye summer, I'll remember you fondly until you get back!
(look at this, I even found some Scottish thistles -- these have a special place in my heart!)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home